About Student Health 101
Student Health 101 is an online health and wellness magazine published by College Health Services, LLC. Your college, university, and/or health insurance provider is distributing Student Health 101 to inform students about important health issues.
Your college or university is not responsible for the content or opinions expressed in this publication. Student Health 101 is for your information only. The physicians and other professionals who have written or reviewed this publication have done so with the utmost care; however, Student Health 101 is no substitute for your personal health-care provider's advice or for appropriate professional treatment. Each individual has unique needs, and only your health-care provider has the ability to assess your needs first-hand. If your health-care provider's advice conflicts with information in Student Health 101, always follow your health-care provider's recommendations.
- We collect personal information when you register with our website and when you participate in polls and discussions.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, and college or university you attend. You are not anonymous, but we respect your privacy.
- Our website uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
We do not allow any minor to register as members of our website. While there is no fool proof way of verifying anyone’s age over the Internet, our policies are designed to prevent registration or the revelation of any private information by minors.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We believe, based on the information that you have provided in our discussion forums and/or feedback mechanisms, that there is an immediate danger of harm being inflicted to your health and/or wellbeing. In these situations, it is our moral duty to inform appropriate college or university personnel about the information that you have shared.
- You've provided about what you've learned from, or what you would change about, Student Health 101, to provide feedback to your college or university.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
Our website may set up cookies on your computer.
Our website will send you email in response to your requests. You may cancel future emails at any time through our website.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your profile and any other information on our website at any time.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to our websites, such as service announcements and administrative messages without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
Confidentiality and Security
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
Our website may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your profile or by placing a prominent notice on our site.